Monday, June 6, 2011

Korean Air, Mahler, and Fat Feet...

Sitting here at Inchon/Seoul airport for about 3 hours waiting for my brother to get in from LA (mom and I flew out of JFK, bro flew out of LAX). Obviously, nothing much has happened yet, but it’s still good to be in motherland…Koreans, literally, everywhere.

(Our path from JFK, over Canada and Russia...I saw Sarah Pallin's home)

Flight was fine, Korean Air is amazing. If you are a Korean, or have Korean friends, you all know how much we love our food and how generous we are with our food. Korean Air, did not disappoint! We were fed two meals, bunch of snacks, and lots to drink.

(no sandwiches on Korean Air! Our lunch was bibimbop, korean rice mixed with meats and veggie...with seaweed soup, and of course, KIMCHI)

Good comfortable seats, TV screens in front of every seat with bunch of programs for us to choose. I watched couple of awful movies, my favorite was seeing a Mahler celebration concert that featured his 2nd symphony.

Nothing else exciting on the airplane, except, a little girl screamed and yelled at me because she said I used a girl’s bathroom…I have might have…oops.

There’s a bit of a phone/communication drama because we’re having trouble communicating with our cousins to get picked up, it’s stressing out mom a bit. After I got her some food she calmed down a bit. Meanwhile, enjoying free wireless at the airport and SKYPE! I’m going to be relying on SKYPE with free wireless for my main source of communication.

Oh, the big feet…when we landed, we all tried to put our shoes back on but no one could! Our feet got SO swollen from sitting on the plane for 14 hours, we had to walk out in our sandals. Pretty funny and gross…seeing your feet SO FAT! I know there’s a better medical/physical explanation of the fat feet phenomena, but this will have to do for now.

and RIGHT ON CUE! Here's my uncle!

(One of my uncles on my dad's side...)

The day ends with all of us finding one another just fine, came home to my other uncle's house and now we're all getting ready to go to bed. Living TOTAL Korean style, I'll tell you more about that later. It involves my brother, mom, and I, all sleeping in one room, on the floor.

Headed to Busan tomorrow (Southern Korea) to visit and visit with my parent's friends.

Good night all!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Champ!

    Glad you got the motherland safely. I'm enjoying your post and living vicariously:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it safely, and had such a pleasant trip. Your swollen feet are due to having your legs in a dependent position for such a long time. The blood doesn't circulate as well, and the result is amazing swelling. To help decrease that, get up and walk around the plane at least once every 2 hours. Try that on your way home and see if it helps lesson the swelling (you'll probably still have some, just not as much.

    Nurse Margaret signing off!! ;-)
    Have great time Soo!

    ReplyDelete